We know there is good Rosehip Oil and bad Rosehip Oil. Good Rosehip Oil is amazing for the skin and full of essential fatty acids, but some Rosehip Oils on the market don’t seem as nice. They can smell different, have a different colour and not seem to work as well. Some don’t even feel like Rosehip Oil at all. We went to great lengths to source our supplier of the highest grade Rosehip Oil we could find. Our Rosehip Oil is cold-pressed and certified organic by the USDA, which is one of the most rigorous organic certification schemes in the world.
So how do you tell the difference between good quality and bad quality Rosehip Oil?
- Label Check – Is it certified organic, and by which certification body? There are some good certification companies out there but also some obscure ones. Always check up on them online to see if they’re legit. We also think that cold-pressed Rosehip Oil is best.
- Bottle Check – What does the oil come in? It should not let light in or too much air as Rosehip Oil can oxidise and lose its effectiveness quickly under these conditions.
- Colour Check – It should be a nice yellow/orange colour as this shows it is relatively unrefined. If it’s a clear colour, it may not be as high-quality.
- Smell Check – Rosehip Oil has a unique fragrance. Some people enjoy it, others don’t like the smell. However, if Rosehip Oil is packaged in an inappropriate bottle with too much air or light, it can go rancid fairly quickly and end up smelling very strong, often described like salami; definitely not pleasant.
- Taste Check – It should taste as pleasant as a natural oil can. If the taste is very strong and unpleasant, it may have not been stored correctly or for too long before sale.
Tip: Mix with a few drops of your favourite moisturiser to make your cream more hydrating for those colder, drier months.
- A very popular oil that is great for ageing and dehydrated skin
- Rich in essential fatty acids that improve the overall condition of the skin
- High concentrations of antioxidants to combat free radical damage
- Suitable for all skin types, including those with sensitive skin
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.